WALTER LLEWELLYN MCKONE, D.O.
- Graduated: Stationers’ Company’s School – 1980
- Graduated: British School of Osteopathy (University College of Osteopathy) – 1984
- Youtube: Walter McKone Osteopath
- Youtube: The WALLY Philosophy
- Facebook: McKone Osteopath
- Twitter: @MckonePsych
- Instagram: mckone_osteopath
- Snapchat: Walter McKone
- E-mail: email@example.com
- ‘Osteopathic Athletic Health Care: Principles and Practice’, (1999), Chapman and Hall, London.
- ‘Osteopathic Medicine: Philosophy, Principles and Practice’, (2001), Blackwell Science, Oxford.
- ‘An Introduction to Pilates’, (2001), Bridgewater.
- ‘Morphodynamik in der Osteopathie’ (2006), Hippokrates, Stuttgart. Chapter contribution: ‘Osteopathische Philosophie: Der Artz als Mittelpunkt einer metaphysischen Medizin.
- ‘Knowing your Baby as a Whole’ (2010) (Unpublished manuscript)
- ‘Theorien osteopathischen Denkens und Handelns‘ (2008) Hippokrates, Stuttgart. Chapter contribution: ‘Wissen und Warheit in der Osteopathie’.
- ‘ABC of Spinal Disorders‘ (2010) BMJ Books: Chapter contribution ‘Osteopathy’. (Free pdf)
Present Positions & Lecturing
- Lecturer in: History of Science & Philosophy, Paediatrics, Psychology, Sports Medicine, and Manipulative medicine
- Venues/Institutions include: University College of Osteopathy (https://www.uco.ac.uk/), London, UK. Panta Rhei, Postgraduate Education, Roosendal, Netherlands. Akademia Osteopathii, Wroclaw, Poland.
- Private Practice, North London
- Part-time clinical practitioner in the Children’s Clinic, The British School of Osteopathy.
Work In Sports
- Athletic Injuries Officer, Budweiser British American Football League (1984-86).
- Team Osteopath and Coach, Greenwich Rams American Football Team, UK, (1983-89)
- Team Osteopath and Coach, Haringey Rhinos Rugby Football Club, UK (1983- 1993)
- Sabbaticals: Dallas Cowboys, Texas. Los Angeles Rams, Anaheim. Green Bay, Packers, Green Bay, USA (1987-1991)
- Team Osteopath, London Monarchs, World League American Football Team, (1990-1991)
- Company Osteopath, Landestheatre Ballet & Opera Company, Altenberg, Germany (1991-1992)
- Tennis Coach to Luke Milligan (reached Wimbledon Tennis Championships 2001)
- Practiced & taught Tai Chi Chuan, Feng Shou Chuan (35 years) – www.taichi-seahorse.org.uk
- Coaching Experience: American football, rugby league, rugby union
- Student of Aikido: North London Aikido
- Motivation, Imagination, Creativity, Intuition.
- General Osteopathic Council, UK.,
- Scientific and Medical Network, UK.
- International Society for Philosophers, UK.,
- International Society of Vertebrate Morphology, Deutschalnd and UK.
- Equity Actors Union
SUBJECTS OF PROFESSIONAL INTEREST:
- Philosophy – Works of : Descartes, Kant, Spinoza, Hume, Goethe, Emerson, James, Dewey, Wittgenstein, Rorty, Bohm, Bortoft etc.
- Wholeness in Clinical Medicine.
- Psychology, Paediatrics, Sports medicine.
- Trained as a TV & radio presenter appearing in films (including ‘Bugsy Malone’) as a child.
- Presenter with Paradise FM 2002 until 2007 (Saturday night chart show, drive-time show, late night jazz)
Science and Healthcare, including:
- Clinical neuroscience and psychology.
- Sports medicine (injuries, training techniques, drugs, psychology, etc)
- Children’s health (Child Development, ADHA, Aspergers, Dyslexia, Cerebral Palsy, Physiology, Anatomy, Disease)
- History of Science,
- Physics & Chemistry.